Guest Post-Ommorphia Beauty Bar's Summer Nail Trends
Hello darlings! I’d like to introduce you to the lovely Eugenia from Ommorphia Beauty Bar, the beauty guru behind this amazing post. Make sure to check out Ommorphia Beauty Bar for the best reviews, tips, and trends on all beauty related products. Thanks to her reviews, I have become a total nail polish addict willing to venture from my standard light pink and black polish choices.
I was so thrilled when the brilliantly chic Jessica of Westmount Fashionista asked me to write a guest post, listing my nail lacquer trends for Summer 2011. Now, even though we are entering August’s dog days, it doesn’t mean that Summer has come to a close; the way I see it, with vacations behind us and Fall still weeks away, it’s the perfect time to celebrate the season’s hits and to indulge in some mani-pedi pampering. Nail trends, much like fashion, are subject to many fluctuations but some “rules” still apply; Summer’s heat usually dictates that we steer clear of deep & moody shades and instead shift our focus to all things bright, cheerful and uplifting. Of course, it’s always nice to buck the trend too and wear something totally outrageous, but that’s the beauty of nail polish: anything goes, as long as it makes you happy!
Here are my 10 chosen hues that epitomize not only Summer 2011, but walk hand in hand with the colours shown on runways, cosmetics photo shoots, even home interiors, ranging from palate-cleansing neutrals, edgy and chic blue toned shades, to heart-pulsing reds & pinks, with as much variety in finishes from creamy, shimmery, duo chrome… as well as glass flecks. Let’s not forget that Pantone, the company responsible for predicting the colour trends of any given season, declared “honeysuckle” as the ‘IT” shade of 2011…..perfectly named and perfectly hued to represent everything that Summer is supposed to be: thrumming with energy, almost blindingly bright and so very hot looking!
1) OPI ‘Step Right Up‘ from the Spring 2011 Femme du Cirque Collection – A creamy, pink tinged white to give your nails a crisp and clean look.
2) MAC ‘Hangin Loose‘ from the Summer 2011 Surf, Baby! Collection – The perfect nude beige, brimming with delicately subtle silver shimmer.
3) Essie ‘Meet Me At Sunset‘ from the Summer 2011 Braziliant Collection – A deeply glowing tangerine to keep you happily in vay-cay mode!
4) Deborah Lippmann ‘Girls Just Want To Have Fun‘ from the Spring/Summer 2011 Collection – The most luscious creamy coral shade you’ll ever wear.
5) a-england ‘Perceval‘ from The Mythicals Collection – A mysterious red, with a heart of fire deep within.
6) Essie ‘Smooth Sailing‘ from the Summer 2011 Braziliant Collection – A mid range cornflower blue with silver shimmery flecks for nautical perfection.
7) MAC ‘Ocean Dip‘ from the Summer 2011 Surf, Baby! Collection – Vibrant yet not overdone, this is an intense & utterly creamy aqua marvel.
8 ) China Glaze ‘Senorita Bonita‘ from the Summer 2011 Island Escape Collection – A fun yet still regal, glass-flecked purple.
9) CHANEL ‘Morning Rose‘ from the Summer 2011 Collection – The softest ballerina pink, given an modern edge with CHANEL’s famous “secret shimmer”.
10) China Glaze ‘108 Degrees‘ from the Summer 2011 Island Escape Collection – A dazzling fuchsia filled with glass flecks and a subtle duochrome finish.